Thursday, February 01, 2007

The "Void of Course" Moon


Astrologers each use various devices and tricks and tools to interpret the planetary movements. I'm amazed that many don't use the Lunar Nodes - when from my experience they hold SO much information. Others may find it surprising I don't stare ominously at what they call the Void of Course Moon.

The Nodes comprise such a bulk of my work that without them, you really don't have a handle on the Chart of a person (or anything). it's just cycles, blurring into cycles, and energies that come at you from all angles. With no central theme. However the Void of Course is a lesser but much used tool of timing.

The Moon moves rapidly through the signs - 2 and a half signs a day so complete its monthly sojourn. Our emotions follow suit - changing along with the lunar cycle colors. In Leo today we're all feeling the Leo energy but in various ways depending on where the Moon falls within our Charts of course.

In my 9th House, I actually ended up contacting a fellow Astrologer to compliment him on his marvellous book, and we exchanged emails (the 9th house relates to publishing, books, knowledge, teachers). The book is called Sunshines: The Astrology of Being Happy' by Michael Lutin. It actually comprises of a look at both the Sun and the Lunar Nodes together. A much needed addition to the Astrological body of work out there.

The Full Moon will arrive in my 9th house - and I'm expecting to wrap up a lot of work on my own book. I may hear news from overseas, the other 9th House theme. I've been looking into taking a trip out of town to Vegas. The 9th = long distance trips. The themes are endless but they all relate to how I'm using Leo energy in a 9th house fashion.

Back to my original point - I never much cared for the "voice of course" moon. It's a term given to a period of time when the Moon's energy is 'out to lunch' and anything we begin during these times is likely to not amount to much. White Noise. Dead air. A void. Emotionally it's not exactly a fulfilling time for something we want to launch. It is claimed, however, that it's great for napping, staying home or at leats kicking back a bit, self-nurturing and just waiting things out.

I guess with my Aries South Lunar Node I'm not a fan of waiting around for things, so I tend to disregard these timing devices sometimes, because I reckon 'if it's meant to work it will'. (Not that I'm always on time, so perhaps I need to listen to myself more...)

So this is where you come in as your own Astrologer. I'm posting the dates here for you to check it out for yourself. Drop me a note and let me know your findings. It's not a major thing we need to stick to, but it's worthwhile if we want to avoid what is claimed "emotional ARGHS" of this period if we don't.

Here's February's:

V/C = when the moon goes void of course

Feb 3, 2007 5:55 AM Moon Trine Plu V/C
Feb 3, 2007 9:34 AM Moon enters Virgo (so the VC is over)

Feb 5, 2007 5:37 PM Moon Sqr Plu V/C
Feb 5, 2007 9:15 PM Moon enters Libra

Feb 8, 2007 6:38 AM Moon Sxtil Plu V/C
Feb 8, 2007 10:09 AM Moon enters Scorpio

Feb 10, 2007 5:39 AM Moon Sqr Sat V/C
Feb 10, 2007 10:01 PM Moon enters Sagittarius

Feb 13, 2007 3:45 AM Moon Conj Plu V/C
Feb 13, 2007 6:42 AM Moon enters Capricorn

Feb 14, 2007 10:24 PM Moon Sxtil Ven V/C
Feb 15, 2007 11:34 AM Moon enters Aquarius

Feb 17, 2007 11:14 AM Sun Conj Moon V/C
Feb 17, 2007 1:30 PM Moon enters Pisces

Feb 19, 2007 11:43 AM Moon Sqr Plu V/C
Feb 19, 2007 2:06 PM Moon enters Aries

Feb 21, 2007 12:42 PM Moon Trine Plu V/C
Feb 21, 2007 3:03 PM Moon enters Taurus

Feb 23, 2007 2:47 PM Moon Trine Mar V/C
Feb 23, 2007 5:42 PM Moon enters Gemini

Feb 25, 2007 8:21 PM Moon Oppos Plu V/C
Feb 25, 2007 10:48 PM Moon enters Cancer

Feb 27, 2007 1:03 AM Moon Trine Ura V/C
Feb 28, 2007 6:29 AM Moon enters Leo


That's some Astrological Lore for you. If you're thinking of moving home, signing on a real estate deal, contacting your Mother, or planning conception, these are times it's best to work around and plan for. The Moon relates to all these things. In surgery, Astrologers have worked with doctors to avoid operations when the Moon is moving through the sign related to the part of the body in question (Aries - head down to pisces - feet...we can talk more on that another time). Question? Just email me at Neil@NewWorldAstrology.com.

SO when the Moon is in Cancer, stomach and breast/chest operations are forbidden. It often ends in complications. I'd say this would work doubly so then, under a Void of Course Moon. Maybe it just doesn't solve the original problem.

I haven't tested this as the Moon is such an unstable, emotional energy. It talks about the small niggling things in our day to day lives.

I prefer to focus more on Mercury Retrograde and other energies that seem to throw the world into chaos. That's my dramatic 5th House South Node (the Leo house!). I'm a sucker for excitement.

And what do you know? Mercury goes retrograde on Feb 14, just in time for Valentine's Day! Expect to hear from a past lover (and me), for sure. Good or bad? Depends how naughty or nice you were, doesn't it...

Enjoy playing around with the Void of course Moon times...

Love,
Neil

No comments: