Wednesday, December 31, 2008
A look back at Your 2008
Honor 2008. The crappy things that went amiss. The people you thought would stay forever but who had to go. The ones you never dreamed you'd meet (and the ones you wished you hadn't). The shitty people who crossed your path. The idiotic things that happened that threw you for a loop. The people who arrived to make you smile and laugh and the ones who ran away. As we stand on the verge of another calendar year, I invite you to take a look back at the lessons, challenges, triumphs, people, places, loves, losses, miracles and nightmares that made up YOUR own story.
Did you make the most of planetary transits? Have a look at the following checklist:
1. Did you defeat prejudice inside (Pluto in Sagittarius) and open yourself up to learning through each person you met? Did you allow others their opinions without cutting them off or destroying them? Did you finally change something you believed for so long that wasn't altogether true for YOU?
2. Did you clean up a major portion of your life (or attempt to) or did you sink back further into addictive/escapist behavior and drift with the tide? (The Pisces/Virgo eclipses). Did you direct drama into creating something, to further the collective, or sink into petty ego fights demanding attention when you could have supported social causes? (The Leo/Aquarius eclipses).
3. Did you forgive, forget or otherwise move on with your full being from situations that crashed and burned and died a death around you? Did you truly move on or did you kid yourself into believing you'd made a clean slate?
4. Did you expand your business horizons, seek new work with optimism, spread your business wings and use the Universal Laws to manifest or at least draw up a blueprint of what you want to build? (Jupiter in Capricorn)
5. Did you clean up your act when it came to your daily schedule, your health picture and your job situation? Were you practical, essential and did you simplify your life and find a way to be of service to those around you? (Saturn in Virgo)
6. Did you get back up when your 'plan' failed and continued on regardless, and did you learn to soften and 'accept' when faced with resistance? (Saturn opposite Neptune).
8. Did you get a sniff of where you're abusing Power or feeling powerless, with a view to stepping back into your personal power without taking away others' right to theirs? (Pluto in Capricorn).
No matter. Every step of every road is a marker for our own choices. And here we stand on the threshold of another calendar year, full of new promise, new obstacles to test your mettle, new people to aid you (or attempt to thwart you) on your new path, new horizons to see, new opportunities, new ways to spread or try your wings.
New reasons to get out of bed, and new reasons to experience the freshness of each moment.
Whatever 2008 brought, it's time to turn a page, turn a cheek and turn our sights now on new fields in which to play. Stay tuned for a look ahead to what 2009 MAY hold (if you so choose) and some of the things likely to face us all as a collective, as we move into this new phase of the journey.
2008 was a '1' year - a year of new people, new challenges, having to "start over" and finding new parts of ourselves (or reigniting old parts we'd nearly forgotten about). This is all part of the story of 2008. Setting the stage for events to follow in the coming year.
More on 2009's promise soon.
In the meantime, a Happy OLD year to you, and an even greater New Year - if you can keep your eyes focused on your ultimate goal.
A quotation I have carried for some time now in my wallet and now beside me at the computer as I type is appropriate to pass on to you now, on the verge of a new era:
Be happy for this moment....
...for this moment is Your Life.
See you on the flip side!
And thank you ALL who read this, for sharing with me in 2008. I'll do my best s always to help navigate you ahead, offer choices, possible solutions and support on your road ahead.
Your Spiritual Sidekick, Astro-Ally & Neptunian Navigator,
www. New World Astrology .com
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Don't forget the 2009 Your Key Moments Reading, specific to YOU, your chart, your life experience!