Saturday, February 07, 2009

Goodbye to Mitri


It is with such a heavy heart that I say goodbye to Mitri, the black Cancerian Cat,who passed away yesterday whom I had the fortune of living with for 3 years and who made the trip from Seattle to Los Angeles with me a few years ago.

He was a true Cancer - liked tummy rubs, loved his food, was a total homebody and yet, in the last weeks before he left, he plucked up the courage to venture past the city limits of his apartment, and sample tickles from neighbors and stairways leading to unknown lands. Maybe you fulfilled your Destiny this time around?

I miss you SO much, little guy.

Thanks for sharing 3 yrs with me and I hope to see you again somewhere.

I love you,
Neil

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry to hear about the loss of your precious kitty - he was gorgeous. I'm sure that he had a wonderful life with you, so you can feel great about that. I know you must be hurting right now-- my cats are like my babies so I can empathize. I'm betting that you will see your fur baby again someday, somewhere!

Libra Liz (Trane's friend)

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this blog. I know Mitri loved you very much. It fills my heart with such sadness and joy alike to know I will no longer be journeying on this earth plane with him. He was a soul so very special to me and moving forward seems like light years away. I try to find the smiles inbetween sobs and his little lilts of fur to cling to my close for as long as they will. I miss him so and wish him a catnip den and milk bar in the realm that is neither here nor there.

Marc said...

You will be in my thoughts at this difficult time, Neil.

Marc

Anonymous said...

Oh Neil, I am so sorry to read of your loss. Your kitty was obviously beautiful and well loved by you. I am thinking of you and sending you love and positive thoughts during this difficult time.

love & light,
Kathryn

Anonymous said...

My sympathy for your loss. I know Mitri Loves you cherishes the time you had together. He'll come to meet you at the Rainbow Bridge when you are ready to take your journey into the light to guide you on your way looking for his tummy rub and a snuggle from his old friend. Until then,my heart goes out to you.
Kay D from Aurora CO

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry and I truly understand your sorrow. Mitri is somewhere having a great time with no pain and lots of love. Mitri will come by to say hello from time to time. Wait for the feel of the jump upon your bed at night and the feel of a little lump cuddling beside you for just a while. Love, Marti

Anonymous said...

You will see him again:) just in other forms than what he was when he was with you.

Anonymous said...

Many apologies for your loss. My cat Mort is approaching that age as well and I can't bear the thought of living w/out the guy. Mitri is a really cool name by the way.