Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sweating the Details...


Here we are a day before the Virgo Solar Eclipse.

On the way to the store today I caught myself daydreaming (when is a Pisces not daydreaming..) and snapped to when I realized my eyes were lingering on the back of a black car, at the blazing name and make of the car itself - the ECLIPSE.

When I got back from the store I realized my shopping trip consisted of mostly health items - my partner is still a little under the weather, and we're considering doing a 'nasal irrigation' since he's stuffed up and having sinus problems. Have you heard of this? The practice is ancient, and has many benefits. Tap it into a search engine and check it out for yourself - it's like a cleansing detox for your nose, but affects your entire well-being.

Also I happened up a small pocket sized first aid kit. I'm not one to dwell on the 'what if's' really (at all) but I did pick one up, and only now come to see this as a most fitting lead in to tomorrows theme under the sign of Virgo.

Are we prepared for minor health issues - cuts in the kitchen, scrapes, bangs? I actually never gave it much thought. not that I'm planning on causing myself any injuries in order to get use out of my practical gift. But it was an unconscious 'why not' at the time.

Virgo is all about details. Opposing Pisces, the sign of the mystic, we are in many ways urged to see the Divine and Universal in the small and mundane. Every practice is spiritual or can be, because it is all connected. So injecting our physical world with this energy is a very appropriate use of this Eclipse energy. Even washing the dishes can be a meditation - and how many artists claim they have their most inspiring moments when doing mundane (and virgo!) things - washing in the shower, pottering around in the kitchen, when fixing something, doing dishes, cleaning up.

When the Sun and Moon both conjunct in the sign of Virgo tomorrow, we get to sweat the details - not in a stressful sweat, but in the "perspiration of inspiration". Details count. It's the urge and striving for something better, that we evolve and grow on the path. In movies it's the 'character arc of development'.

Sweat the details tomorrow, and celebrate the imperfections - they give us all our individual edge. And, after all, without them, what would Virgos have left to do? :)

Virgo Eclipses bring much needed order to our chaos. Oh there'll be plenty of time for more chaos, and Pisces nebulousness, but for now, for tomorrow, and for the year ahead this Eclipse is pointing us to focus on the things we can improve, cleanse, and most importantly of all - simplify.

Keep it real, but keep it simple!

Love,
Neil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The irrigation thing works great. I used it when I had a sinus infection, and nothing else I was given worked so well. All you need is some warm water and salt.

Neil D Paris said...

Thanks for the feedback! It burned a little at first, after I tried it. But I got used to it, and it actually did help a loty. I am going to try this for a few days to see how it feels.