Sunday, September 24, 2006

Welcome to Autumn


How did you spend the Solar Eclipse/the first day of Autumn, Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year?

What a combination. By way of universal synchronicity, my partner arranged a 'spa day' for us both. No television, no radio, just music and each others company, along with a day of body treatments: a mud mask, facial, foot baths, showers, massages, cuddles, good food, company, conversation, relaxation time, reading, and creative work. Absolutely amazing.

Little did he know (nor I) that the Solar Eclipse landed on Rosh Hashanah the Jewish New Year and the first day of the autumnal equinox - a time when, in the Jewish Faith, there should be no work. No outside distractions. Our 'media free' day was by dint of 'universal coincidence' since we had no prior knowledge of what rituals others perform at this time of year. I'd like to research more of these and perhaps work more in tune with this, to continue getting back to Nature, a hungering I have of late. So that was a pleasant surprise. I'm noticing a greater flow of cosmic energy these days.

Today was much needed - work continues now but I do find spending so many hours at the computer, where I need to, is detrimental to continuing to stay grounded within my body. Sop that will change in the days, weeks and months ahead.

The Virgo Eclipse was just what we both needed to get grounded, back in our bodies and more sensual, as well as healthier. I have a rosy glow.

It brings back memories of our old life in Seattle, which apparantely is still very much alive in our blood. My partner made a great point at the gym over the weekend - the first day of Autumn where there was a noticeable quietness. Even the staff mentioned this and my partner enlightened me to something I never thought about before now. There's a sort of switcharound when we reach this time of year - people want to stay home more in the evening, since it's autumn. That busy periods often switch around to become quiet periods. Libra, the middle sign, seems to be not only about balance, but about pendulum swings and catapulting people towards the opposite place...perhaps then to find more depth in that opposite by the time we reach Scorpio days.

I have continued with my pastel drawing, and it's coming along nicely. Also I made more progress on my Halloween mask. All shall be unveiled in the months ahead. With Saturn Returning in Leo I have been continually reminded about this, as a soothing way to channel Saturn's serious, disciplined side. Which leads nicely into what happened this very morning.

As I am up early continuing my work and doing laundry and the last of my Virgo errands as it were, I stopped downstairs and came across a book that caught my eye. It was left outside for the trash sitting in an old dresser: The Artist's Way - a book recommended on the reading list in 'Surviving Saturn's Return' for those with Saturn in Leo!

I am thankful it made its way into my life, I think since I opened up much needed creative doors once more, I am tapping into greater levels of peace, joy, love and creativity - the very bedrock of Leo energy.

I feel like a shining star tonight, yet as grounded as the strongest Oak tree.

Whatever you did for the first day of Autumn, the Solar Eclipse and the first day of the Jewish New Year, whether consciously or unconsciously, I hope it brought you a greater sense of comfort, satisfaction and groundedness within this physical life.

Love,
Neil

No comments: