Okay, hold your horses...
I'm no doomsday prophet - that suggests we have no power in anything, no free will and no ability to shape events to our liking. And we do. Why else incarnate onto Planet Earth unless it's to effect Change?
I've been asked a lot about this particular Eclipse so these are my feelings on the subject. I've added the Eclipse chart above for those interested and this blog will be an in-depth look at this Eclipse, since the EMOTIONAL ISSUES it brings up, we'll be challenged to deal with for at least the next 6 months-1 year, depending on how well we work through what comes up. Free will, right?
You'll find a heck of a lot of material (via links) below that I personally have written, since last year, on these topics. For those who want to probe further. And you can also schedule a special and unique Full Moon Lunar Eclipse Personal Reading, to detail how this one is likely to play out in your life, and the choices you have, to surf to a better shore.
Let's break it down.
1. The Lunar Eclipse is in Capricorn.
* Lunar Eclipses represent Major Changes that effect our Emotional Picture - events around us force us to react or Change. Perhaps we are fired. Someone leaves us. It doesn't have to be dramatic. All that matters is that the Eclipse brings about an Emotional Realization. And if you're not sitting up paying attention, life will arrange itself to really drive the message home.
So this Eclipse is ruled by SATURN, since it's in Capricorn. The major emotional issues about to come up are Capricorn-like and thus:
* How in control or how powerless we appear to be (since we are being controlled)* How the Powers that be - Government, Parents, anyone setting the rules for us - are handling Authority (Practical Guide v Abusive Tyrant?).* Whether our Goals are worthwhile anymore
So these areas are imbued with this EMOTIONAL vibe - Lawmakers, Society's Rules and Regulations, Control Issues, Power, Authority, Our Careers, Achievement, Those in the public spotlight, pillars of society.
Where is Saturn in this Eclipse Mix? Saturn squares the Full Moon. Squares are angles of friction/tension. Not so easy, then. We'll be challenged as as a society (The Moon) to re-evaluate the Rules, and whether those in Charge (Saturn) are really do their duties properly.
Personally, we get to ask the same questions - am I in control (Saturn) of my feelings (Moon) or repressing (Saturn) feelings (Moon). Are we giving our power away, or trying to emotionally control others?
The Moon normally is happier in Cancer, since this is the sign that rules it. In this Lunar Eclipse, the Moon is in Capricorn, the sign of its Fall. The theme then becomes about Emotional Control, The Repression of Feeling or Steering/Controlling of Feeling, emotions surrounding what Those in Power (Capricorn) are doing, along with (as we'll see) some darkness rising (Pluto) - and possible emotional manipulation (-) or emotional purging and healing (+).
So far so good.
2. Now, notice how at the top of the Chart where the Moon lies, in the picture above, is also found Pluto. The Full Moon (purging, endings, resolution, emotional information coming to light, partings) is conjunct Pluto - joining forces.
Pluto = regeneration through destruction/purging/death. Control & Power. Events affecting the Masses. The Moon also relates to the Public, as well as our Feeling Centers. How does this translate?
* Emotional issues affecting large groups of people (society, culture, the public) that are seemingly pulled out, for a mass outpouring. Is this grief? Excitement? Are we celebrating the fall of something unhealthy and controlling that no longer works? Stay tuned.
Across the board (and the Chart), Pluto (power/purging/manipulation/control/transformation) opposes Mercury (communication, news, our minds, information). Oppositions are energies working either AGAINST each other or WITH each other. A juggling act. We have a choice then:
+ Direct and confrontational conversations about things that have to be dealt with. Digging up the dirt. Revealing the lies and deceit and corruption, and the fears, all things previously kept in the dark. Tackling the heavy hitting subjects. Discussing taboo subjects - death, sex, money, tax etc. [The investigations into further sexual abuse in the Catholic Church, and talk of Michael Jackson being murdered for his music catalogue being symbolic of these times).
- Mass deceit and media manipulation, steering public opinion toward an agenda of control. Conspiracy theorists will sit back and say 'I told you so', under this theme. Are we all being hoodwinked? Confusion and Fear spread through tall tails. Avenues of communication cut off (power outages, Internet tightening etc, freedom of speech curtailed, rallying blocked). A sort of Martial Law unveiled.
The choice is ours. In our personal lives we'll be faced with the same issues. If we can't handle them individually, we'll get to play it out collectively. You play a key role in how things unravel on the Big Stage. So - are you lying? Distorting info? manipulating? Playing power games? Trying to instill fear in others? Facing your darker issues?
3. Uranus joins the mix at 00Aries - the Aries Point, which symbolizes events affecting the Public (again). Uranus - inventions, revolutions, major change, sudden surprises. In Aries - firepower, explosions, initiations, new beginnings. How can this play out?
+ Technology suddenly used to help us all out. Electrical energy is phased out with cheaper alternatives. We're helped to become more independent. We all celebrate everyones uniqueness and no longer repress those 'different' to the crowd.
- Military strikes (again). Electrical outages. Sudden fires. Explosions affecting large groups. Large social revolts - massive uprising, looting, rallying, picketing, strikes etc. The Public shouting 'No More!' (which could go down on the Plus side).
4. Pluto squares Saturn - for more info on this, you can watch my YouTube Video on the subject and the article I wrote "Demolition Under Way" on how this can all play out for us. Saturn is square Pluto but the aspect isn't exact until
Control/Power issues reach a peak - or can no longer be ignored or simply brushed under the carpet (good luck to those trying). Look at the Oil Spill issue and how it's being dealt with for more info on this theme.
5. Saturn opposes Uranus -not exact by sign (Saturn is in Virgo currently) so this is another one of those 'taster aspects' - where we'll get to see a foreshadowing of issues sure to pop up again in the years ahead. For more info on this, read my article, "Tension!".
This period is about facing dramatic emotional material that comes up - since it's usually only when our heartstrings are pulled on a bigger scale, that we really sit and pay attention to life on Earth. It brings us back to the Present. What happens when we're faced with news/information/events that rip the rug out from underneath us? How do we react when our security is threatened? Do we believe all we hear? What is the media reflecting back to you from your own life (the larger events mirror smaller events that YOU are playing a part in).
Do we give our power away (to those pushing an agenda to "fix everything" their way) or tap back into our Source - the divine spark within that knows this is all an illusion, and that we create our reality based on how we respond to the events we face. others can only control us by convincing us we HAVE no power, instilling fear into our hearts. We'll be faced with loss almost certainly - some will be given the ability to choose for others (a boss gets to fire someone etc) and others will be faced with the other side of the coin - having change thrust upon us.
Resistance is futile now - we'[re facing the first spurt of a larger cycle, leading to 2011 and beyond. This is our first taste and how we handle this, will determine where we go, individually and thus, collectively. How do you handle the darkness - seek out the Light, or panic and cling to whatever is offered to us, in the shadows?
It's certainly time for another Change. Weather patterns suggest it as the Earth shifts (more fires, explosions, earthquakes, oh my!) We all feel it - a chapter shift is upon us. We need another Wake Up Call, right? We're all connected to each other - and greater still, we're still all connected to the Source of Everything. Call it what you will - God, Higher Power, Higher Self, Love, Nature, Inner Guide, Angelic Wisdom. Finding that stillness within, will give you the information you need to proceed through these years ahead.
I am personally excited - there is so much no longer working in the collective system. That's about to Change - and no one said Change was easy, when those benefiting from the current control won't change willingly.
It's a choice we all face now - turn to the Light, or sit in the Shadows?
I have special Lunar Eclipse Readings available to see how this one is likely to bring Change to YOUR life and how best to steer ahead.
Raising the Flag of Freedom!
Your Astrological Ally,
The Saturn-Pluto Square Video Blog
Saturn-Pluto Square Article